View Single Post
Old 02-07-18, 11:09 AM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
I've been working on the bike off and on. I didn't feel any urgency as I was waiting on the wheels. The carbon rims from China FINALLY came in Monday (took 6 weeks) so I took them to my wheel builder yesterday. Good news on that issue as well. He worked out his issues and is now back building wheels so I'm and really thankful about that.

I have made so many screw ups it's just hilarious. You would certainly think you could tell the difference between cable and hydraulic brake housing********** It was really early in the morning but that's just no excuse.....and when you forget to remove the plunger in the fluid container that sits on top of the brakes it will blow the syringe house off the brake and guess what happens to all the fluid you are pushing out???? I'm just glad my wife didn't see me wiping up all the oil off our new hardwood floors???

I watched numerous videos multiple times on YouTube about bleeding brakes. I read the Shimano Dealer Manual instructions on installing fluid numerous times and TRIED to take it step by step. If the manual said to do something 3-4 times I literally did it 30-40 just to get all the air out of the lines.....

Here is some of the work in progress:

Correct Stack Height for me at their max of 35 mm. Now I just need to cut the steerer tube.

IMG_0519 by joe price, on Flickr

Rear Derailleur installed

IMG_0514 by joe price, on Flickr

IMG_0515 by joe price, on Flickr

Shifter cable installed. It took me forever to determine where to start threading it through the shifter. Why is ever model so different**********

IMG_0512 by joe price, on Flickr

IMG_0517 by joe price, on Flickr

Front Brake with Adapter for Post Mounted brakes to a Flat Mounted frame

IMG_0520 by joe price, on Flickr

Here is the rear brake and adapter. Note that the one screw is hitting the bottom of the brake body and is too long for this setup. I had to get another M5 screw with a hex head that was a little shorter....Home Depot

IMG_0523 by joe price, on Flickr

Last edited by jppe; 02-07-18 at 11:30 AM.