Old 02-07-18, 01:50 PM
T Stew

Bikes: All 80s Schwinns: 88Prologue, 88Circuit, 88Ontare, 88KOM, 86SS, 88Tempo, 88V'ger, 80V'ger, 88LeTour, 82LTLuxeMixte, 87 Cimarron, 86H.Sierra, 92Paramount9c

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by TruthBomb
Yes, you are correct. You don't "follow my angle."

You assume that folks don't use reflectors, kickstands, and chain guards because they "obsess about looks and fashion" when the truth is that many folks don't use them because they're superfluous, hazardous, or both.
No, I do get that, though I did have to be reminded about the hazard when it comes to racing and kickstands (though I doubt anyone was really contemplating that scenario?). But you don't seem to get that many folks don't use reflectors, kickstands, and chain guards because they are uncool. TRUTH. Well surely you must get that since you've been on the forums for a while, we are each just focusing on our own angles. I know I speak for the minority here, but still wanted to stand up even when its uncool and say I have no problems sporting reflectors, dork disks, kickstands, or chaingaurds, etc. I've never had a chainguard though for the record, and only a small number of my bikes have the rest.

Superfluous has not been a good enough reason for me to remove these items on the few of my bikes that have them, and they have never presented a hazard (most are actually safety equipment to a degree lol).

Originally Posted by ksryder
But don't you get it, man? If you ever let your bike touch a blade of grass you are DISRESPECTING a precision machine because YOU WEREN'T BROUGHT UP RIGHT AND DON'T TAKE CARE OF STUFF!!!1!1!1!!

I'm going to add this particular hot taek to my bingo card.
I think you way overestimate my concern in the matter but go ahead sometimes I need some humility. For the record a blade of grass is not much concern.

Originally Posted by cyccommute
The world is full of "stands". I don't need to carry one with me
Thanks for the info on the real world, I've never been out there yet
Sarcasm aside, some beautiful pics there!
Got to say though if my bike were leaning up near that drop off like that, with say 30+ lbs of loaded panniers, I'd be much more at ease with double kickstand. Similarly in the pic of random branches.

I have taken my bike out loaded several times without kickstand, it's not like I don't know you can lean it against things... but after this trip without I now greatly appreciate them! No chaingaurd, dork disk, or reflectors either. I wouldn't bother to remove them if it had come equipped but not like I am going out of my way to add them back lol.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HqdxqDl4CZJiE2u72

Last edited by T Stew; 02-07-18 at 01:56 PM.