View Single Post
Old 02-09-18, 06:39 PM
Andrew R Stewart 

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Mongoose Tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder, Stewart 650B ATB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4201 Post(s)
Liked 3,857 Times in 2,305 Posts
Originally Posted by wgscott
I have a low-milage, recently-purchased wheelset from Velomine.

H + PLUS SON TB14 POLISHED SILVER T-11 HUBS WHEELSET CAMPAGNOLO

About a year ago I found a loose spoke. I tightened it back into place, the wheel was true, so I kept an eye on it for awhile and eventually forgot about it.

Today I discovered no less than three non-drive-side spokes (out of 16) were really loose (to the point I was surprised they weren't broken). I just tightened those up, and the wheel is still true. But this is really weird.

What should I do about this? Turning a spoke wrench is about the limit of my wheel-competence.

I'm having a problem understanding how a year+ old item is also recently purchased

Actually I suspect I do understand, the "recently purchased" is the statement that absolves the OP from any blame.

Has the OP contacted the wheel source about this? Has the Op shown the wheel to anyone experienced in person? I find wheel condition questions are far more likely to have better answers from those who can touch and feel the wheel. Andy