Old 02-12-18, 03:26 PM
eja_ bottecchia

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 676 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 42 Posts
Originally Posted by CliffordK View Post
In many places, they slap a person's wrist harder for parole or probation violations. So, as part of parole, no guns, etc... and if you get caught, one goes right back into prison. Not driving could easily be put in as a parole or probation stipulation, with serious consequences... if they wished.

I believe the judges have some leeway on parole and probation stipulations, but it could also be written into law if the states chose to do so.

Restitution may never be enough. But, it will be nothing as long as he is behind bars costing taxpayers gobs of money.

I didn't see much info on the web about the driver other than being 21, and driving a 12 year old car too fast. One might guess that he has Latin American descent from the name. Otherwise, there is no info whether he is college educated, working, etc. Oh, add that he was able to come up with $75,000 in bail in a couple of days. Anyway, I don't think one could conclude that he has no money, and no earning potential, and never will have earning potential.
In California, under Jerry’s catch and release plan aka Court Re-alignment a violation of probation or parole gets a slap on the wrist. And you know that prohibition against owning weapons, that’s a joke. They keep getting caught, over and over and over again, possessing weapons...even while on probation or parole.

Latin American descent? I have no idea what the heck you are trying to say.

Posting bail is not that hard in California. And it will get even easier to get out with no bail.

So earning potential should be a consideration? So if Musk kills someone while driving a Tesla he should get a pass...because he can pay up?

I always get a good laugh when I read the opinions of folks who are not directly involved with the criminal legal system. Funny, often wrong, and mostly scary.