maartendc

Bikes: BMC SLC01, Trek Checkpoint ALR5

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 542 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 26 Posts
Originally Posted by dim
2000 km on a GP4000 SII and you will start to get punctures

I prefer Specialized Turbo Cotton which are much better/faster and offer the same puncture protection as the GP4000 SII

watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynD0Rwc3Ius

when you say that you are getting punctures, are they from glass/road debris or pinch flats? (If they are pinch flats, you need more air.
Yeah I just checked my ride reports, and I have done about 2800 km on the GP 4000SII's at the moment. I have been getting more and more punctures lately, so maybe the rubber is just wearing thin, even though the tire indicators say otherwise. I have also used them on the indoor trainer a couple of times, which did not do them any good either.

Thanks for the suggestion on the Specialized turbo cotton. I don't know, if you say the Specialized have "the same" puncture protection as the GP4000, that is not really what I am looking for, I am looking for a more durable tire that will also last longer actually.

Thanks a lot for the info on tubeless. Any explanation I have read regarding "fixing" tubeless tires (like the one above) seems like way more hassle to me than just changing a tube on the side of the road to be honest. I don't want to have to mess around with sealant and super glue on the side of the road in case of a bad puncture. I'm sure tubeless works fine for some people, but I think my needs would be better served with just a sturdy tire.