Old 02-14-18, 03:30 PM
rpenmanparker 

Bikes: 1990 Romic Reynolds 531 custom build, Merlin Works CR Ti custom build, super light Workswell 066 custom build

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6556 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Grasschopper
It's all about the immersion into the game and the distraction from the horrible fact that you're riding indoors.

I used to own a Kurt Kinetic Road Machine. Never used it for years. Maybe a handful of rides. Then I heard about Zwift and tried it with the KK. A month later I bought a Wahoo KICKR and I've never looked back. I got my KICKR on Oct 16th 2017 and in 4 months I've put 1,500 virtual miles on it. Zwift took me from "no chance in hell I'm riding indoors" to "I can't wait to get home and ride".

I have the ability to run Zwift about every way you can run it: PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone and AppleTV 4K. Currently I choose the PC out to a 27" monitor but I'm seriously considering switching over to the AppleTV for the ease of it...and the graphics are as good or better than my PC (which runs a Nvidia GTX 1070).

To the OP. If you can swing it buy the Apple TV 4K and run the native app on the AppleTV. Then run Zwift Mobile Link (it's not the game it's a different app) on your iPhone. Running the Fluid2 you will need to have a Bluetooth speed and cadence sensor...the Wahoo Blue SC is perfect for this. Or if you already have ANT+ sensors you can get a CABLE BLE bridge or the 4iiii heart rate strap which will act as a bridge to get your ANT+ signals to your AppleTV or iPhone. In the future I would HIGHLY suggest getting a direct drive trainer if you can do it. The Elite Direto is very nice or I'd also suggest the Wahoo KICKR which I own. AVOID at all costs the Tacx Flux...so many issues (I also own one of those).

The Shane Miller videos are great for getting setup and learning about Zwift. Highly recommended and the one posted is perfect for your situation I believe.
Giving you credit for the truth in everything you said, you still didn’t explain why the most basic PC graphics isn’t plenty good enough even for output to an excellent monitor.

Originally Posted by LAJ
No matter where I go, here I am...