Thread: New pedal
View Single Post
Old 02-15-18, 08:36 AM
Maelochs
Banned

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 136 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5449 Post(s)
Liked 115 Times in 76 Posts
I like this pedal system .... I have had good luck with Time pedals, but this system looks a lot simpler. As for people who want a platform, the platform can be built into the cleat body for people who want to wear soft shoes---it is an aluminum cleat, so maybe just a few stiffening ribs.

People who want fast, foolproof clip-in every time are the obvious market---and as a commuter/traffic rider, i'd say that matters more to me than to any racer (how often does a road racer unclip?)

This would be great for suddenly changing stoplights where the cars behind get impatient, or when a car starts to run a stopsign/light, see the cyclist, suddenly stops, and then expects the cyclist to take off--except he is fumbling with his cleat.

This would also be great for off-road, where being able to drop a foot and clip back in quickly can be ride-saving.

Let me know when there is a low-cost Chinese knock-off.

(More seriously, the first thing you need is a better video. You don't need flashy graphics or anything ... just a better-planned demonstration, so you can start looking for investors.)

Keep us updated please .... keep the weight and price comparable with the competition and when I need new pedals (assuming you actually make and market these) I would probably buy a set.