View Single Post
Old 02-16-18, 04:42 PM
Zumkopf

Bikes: 1970 Peugeot PX-10E, 1971 Gitane Tour de France, 1976 MKM, 1980 Holdsworth Mistral, 1984 Woodrup Giro Touring, 1985(?) Bianchi Stelvio, 1987 Bianchi Brava, 1989 Schwinn (Waterford) Paramount, 1994 Trek 1400

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
PX-10, but what year?

Just bought what I think is a PX-10, or about half of one. Not a single decal on it, though, and I'm trying to nail down the exact model and year so I can get the right decals and source the right missing parts to restore it properly.

White, fancy Nervex lugs. Stronglight 93 crankset, with drilled chainrings (which I'm guessing may not be original). Serial number on a plate riveted to the BB, very hard to read but I think it's seven digits, 163702X (not being coy with the X, if there is a digit there it is genuinely unreadable). Simplex Competition straight-push front derailleur (rod, not parallelogram). Rear derailleur is a Simplex but I don't think it's original. Stronglight headset. Simplex seatpost. Strange conical seat binder bolt. Mafac Racer brakes. Brake levers have black half-hoods and white lever covers. Normandy front hub is bolted on, so may not be original. Chromed fork/chainstays/seat stays, Simplex dropouts, does not appear to have a left horn. The one color detail that is present is a wrap around both forks where the paint meets the chrome, three narrow bands, top to bottom black/red/yellow (German flag colors).

Can anyone nail down the model and the year? Thanks, Z

[IMG]