View Single Post
Old 02-19-18, 08:54 PM
grayEZrider 

Bikes: '13 Specialized Elite, KHS 223, '94 Trek 2120, 92 Raleigh technium, '87 Centurion LeMans, '86 Centurion IronMan, 2019 Canyon Endurace Al

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked 61 Times in 34 Posts
598 ?? details

Thanks T-marr! I've been studying several long-time posters and have learned a lot. From yours in particular and was hoping you would chip in. OK, I did a partial tear down (and build up enough to test out tomorrow) and found the following. Upon pullng the BB I found a bright Blue overspray on the inside. And with dozens of scratches and chips, no (different) colors or primer beneath any of them. I suspect some weird "Ironman" copycat color hacking. I will check tube angles tomorrow but agree with you that even to naked eye the angles (and amount of trail) makes it look more like a touring rather than sport frame when compared to the catalog pics. The eyelets would tend to go there too. Serial no. searches show the Series as being two rows of numbers, not one. Possible prototype or in-house build for an employee? Also agree the brakes were "extra spec" or upgraded, as were the 105 pedals (with Campy toe clips). Catalog lists Columbus SL and SP tubing, but they also used Ishiwata on the series. I still lean that way because of the Eisho label lugs (the only bike in the catalog using those) and the fact the thing only weighs 21.5 lbs. 508 being listed at that also. The seat post is 27.3 and the freewheel in 13/23. I'll check on the forks, tube angles and such when I tear it back down tomorrow. Thanks