View Single Post
Old 01-08-06, 05:01 PM
roccobike
Bike Junkie

Location: South of Raleigh, North of New Hill, East of Harris Lake, NC

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Specialized Roubaix, Giant OCR-C, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, Stumpjumper Comp, 88 & 92Nishiki Ariel, 87 Centurion Ironman, 92 Paramount, 84 Nishiki Medalist

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 27 Posts
I think today's run qualifies as most embarrassing for me. I've had about 3 rides in the last two months, so I'm a little out of shape. Ok, a lot out of shape. I started down my favorite trail, and headed down a small hill with a small bridge at the bottom, followed immediately by a 10X8 plank. I was going too slow but I cleared the bridge with ease, but did not mount the plank correctly and rode off the side. No problem, I'll just head to the little mud hole on the side, climb the little incline and head right back on the trail. So I hit the mud hole, only instead of clearing it, the front tire hits the little incline, stops and sinks like I'm in quick sand. The back of the bike comes straight up and I go straight over the handlebars and the bike lands on my leg. So why is this so embarrasing? This happened on the Beginner trail that leads to the Intermediate and Advanced trails. Fortunately, only one person saw it.