View Single Post
Old 02-25-18, 09:48 AM
hman0217

Bikes: Surly LHT, Lynskey Cooper cx, Specialized Stumpjumper 26er, Jamis Dragonslayer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by TimothyH
Many are projecting their own lives onto every else' life.

Frame bags are very handy for long rides in the back country when a water filtration system needs to be carried or when it is very cold and a thermos of hot food means survival.

If someone can't ride with a frame bag then they are packing it wrong, have a bag which doesn't fit their frame or have poor technique themselves. A frame bag which fits the bike properly and is packed correctly should be no more than 2 or 3 inches wide.

Yes, the 3L.

I use side loader cages when the bag is mounted and only put it on with standard cages for that one photo.

-Tim-
What constitutes poor riding technique? I think mine was packed no more than three inches yesterday. I have spd pedals and I angle my cleats just a few slight degrees outwards. My saddle is positioned so that, with the pedal all the way down my knee has an ever-so-slight bend with my ankle at neutral. I chose a stem using the forearm method and the distance feels very comfortable.

I'm not claiming to be the master of riding but, with the right geometries, what would I be doing that would be "poor riding"? Not being defensive but just truly want to know.

With fat bikes with wider bottom brackets, I see the knees naturally spreading apart more. But with traditional road/cross bike distances, it is where it is, no?