View Single Post
Old 02-26-18, 11:51 PM
Joe Remi

Bikes: Haibike Sduro Trekking SL, Rivendell Appaloosa, Concinnity singlespeed, KHS mini velo (Japan market), Trident Spike trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked 91 Times in 74 Posts
Originally Posted by linberl
You will never regret having a lighter bike. And in a year or two you won't think about the money spent. Every single time I have "cheaped out" on something in the beginning, I've ended up wishing I had done it right in the first place. Have you ever experienced that? If you get what you really want you'll be happier. Save the upgrading for gearing and the like. Get the basic frame you want now; it will be less expensive than upgrading the frame later on (prices go up, labor goes up, etc.). Unless you don't have the $ now, in that case, get what you can afford and save up to make the changes later.
This happened to me with my last Brompton. I found a good deal on a Stardust Black model, but really wanted something more colorful. The sparkly black looked great, but it didn't make me want to grab it and go so I ended up not riding it much. I should've held out for the grey w/rasberry extremities I really wanted.