View Single Post
Old 03-02-18, 03:01 PM
Bonzo Banana

Bikes: Muddyfox Evolve 200, Bicycles4u Paris Explorer, Raleigh Twenty Stowaway, Bickerton California, Saracen Xile, Kona Hoss Deluxe, Vertigo Carnaby, Exodus Havoc, Kona Lanai, Revolution Cuillin Sport, Dawes Kingpin, Bickerton, NSU & Elswick Cosmopolitan

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 25 Posts
Originally Posted by mtb_addict
Most FB I see are 1.5 inch tires.
I'm seeing the Euromini it's 2.0 inch tires. So it's possible this bigger tire is creating a optical illusion...that make the bike frame look smaller than it really it.
Liberte is 1.5" but Urbano is 2.0 so in theory the gearing for stock bikes is faster on the Urbano getting on 2mph faster at 130rpm cadence. Yes 130rpm cadence is very fast and not a realistic figure for normal cycling.

It's clear the Liberte is focused more on speed where as Urbano is slightly more aimed at comfort or general use. Both seem excellent value although not long ago the Urbano was available for $299. Frame is interesting too with both having 6066 frames which is different to the normal 6061 or 7005 offered. One of the best frame manufacturer's in the world 'Merida' seems to have offered 6066 in its higher end aluminium frames but can't seem to find much more about it.

I know I can see almost like a Euromini salesman as I'm quite positive about them but I'm over here in the UK where they aren't available and if they are the pricing is uncompetitive due to import fees. They just look like very good value for US citizens.