Thread: New Sandblaster
View Single Post
Old 03-04-18, 09:53 PM
Andrew R Stewart 

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Mongoose Tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder, Stewart 650B ATB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4197 Post(s)
Liked 3,849 Times in 2,300 Posts
It's been a few weeks that the cabinet has been running. At first I tried the supplied glass beads and found their paint removal ability to be slow but leaving a shinny surface. Since I've gotten some 80 grit garnet media as well as played with the supply line PSI.

Now the performance is better. The cleaned surface is more matt and clean like I'm use to, while taking less time. I don't think I'll be blasting off much paint but it does serve to be a worst case test. The pieces I've blasted after brazing and file/sanding clean up have gone very fast. Being able to quickly clean out a fork crown's sockets is REALLY nice.

Four pics follow. One is of the inside of the cabinet with the lowered floor. I need to come up with a riser/shelf/box for the pieces to be set of. I can almost NOT reach items on the floor when in the gloves... Next is some info about the compressor. It's a 120V unit (two breakers gained together and on the same side of the box) with 5 HP. I'm unsure of the tank volume. The 3rd shows some chainstays and drop outs. Note the front drops yet to be attached to their blades. Last is of the compressor in a full shot. I believe the compressor head to be a two stage unit. It is "rated' to be a continuous refill capacity unit, it can run during the refill cycle with no issues.

All together I am very happy at the results I attained. The cabinet seems to be robust and easy to use. The mods work well. While not being at my house shop the unit is close by and fairly quick to set up and put away. The very minor dust in the garage setting is a non issue. Andy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_1819.jpg (961.1 KB, 50 views)
IMG_1820.jpg (1.04 MB, 50 views)
IMG_1821.jpg (1.01 MB, 49 views)
IMG_1822.jpg (891.8 KB, 50 views)