View Single Post
Old 03-05-18, 09:57 AM
T Stew

Bikes: All 80s Schwinns: 88Prologue, 88Circuit, 88Ontare, 88KOM, 86SS, 88Tempo, 88V'ger, 80V'ger, 88LeTour, 82LTLuxeMixte, 87 Cimarron, 86H.Sierra, 92Paramount9c

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Steve B.
Given the numbers of posts on about any cycling forum, concerning shorts/bibs/saddles/gloves/shoes, etc..... it's apparent that for the majority of riders, getting comfortable on any double diamond bike (as in - not a recumbent/trike) is a major issue.

Count yourself lucky that you have no or few physical issues that require supplemental measures be taken to be comfortable. You are not in the majority as far as I can tell.
Very right that I'm in the minority and I do count myself lucky. I'm lucky too I have nice bike trails that are smooth, I think if I was on the rough stuff a lot then pedal retention might be more of an issue, but I can pretty much do a century ride here on nice paved trails. Even having to take many country roads on my last really long ride, a three day several hundred mile trip I had no problem with pedal retention. Perhaps being clipped in would have allowed me to be more lazy with my form but I don't think that is necessarily a good thing even if it is a bit more comfortable and carefree. Anyhow, just a reminder there are alternatives sort of now back to the stinky shoe discussion.