SquidPuppet
Calamari Marionette Ph.D

Bikes: 3 Chinese Gas Pipe Nerdcycles and 2 Chicago Electroforged Boat Anchors

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2358 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Skipjacks
I have no problems going overboard as a general rule...

My daughter got a slightly used bike recently to replace this one that I'm rehabbing for my son. The frame and the drive components were in fine shape. Paint job was practically new. But there was no 'pizazz'

So new tires, safety lights, my old rear seat tube mounted rear rack and trunk bag, a water bottle cage mounted in a custom spot (since kids bikes don't have braze on threaded mounts), and a splash of her favorite color in new handlebars and graphics and her bike is ready for action as soon as it stops being stupid winter.

She got the new tires for her bike. I replaced the typical mountain bike knobbies that come on kids' bikes from some reason with a more pavement worthy hybrid style tire and a tic tac toe tread pattern than Bontrager makes. https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/e...-tire/p/11461/

SUPER HIT with the kids, and they are a nice low resistance tire good for pavement and hard pack rail trail type surfaces. In case anyone's in the market for new tires on a kid's bike

I was kinda sad when I finished converting her bike from a rather boring but decent shape bike to a customer bike of her dreams. That's what prompted me to start a rebuild of her old bike for my son rather than just buy a new one.

So you are agreeing with me then? The electric water pump is a go!!