Thread: Dahon mariner
View Single Post
Old 03-15-18, 04:08 AM
Bonzo Banana

Bikes: Muddyfox Evolve 200, Bicycles4u Paris Explorer, Raleigh Twenty Stowaway, Bickerton California, Saracen Xile, Kona Hoss Deluxe, Vertigo Carnaby, Exodus Havoc, Kona Lanai, Revolution Cuillin Sport, Dawes Kingpin, Bickerton, NSU & Elswick Cosmopolitan

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 25 Posts
In my opinion that is poor value. It has a low end tourney derailleur and what looks like a freewheel typical of a sub £100 bike.

In UK money that is something like £450 but you can get a much better bike with 8 speed freehub drivetrain with Claris derailleur for half the money and seems to match or exceed the Dahon in every area except no rack or mudguards.

ALLOY FOLDING BIKE - Greenwaycycles

I wouldn't expect to pay £450 approx and get a tourney derailleur and such low end parts.

I don't know what else is available on the German market. I would at least look to get a Dahon with an 8 speed drivetrain. The Dahon looks like a very entry level bike with too many low end components.

Had a quick look on amazon germany and found this for 400 euros.

https://www.amazon.de/KLAPPRAD-FALTR...s=folding+bike

Nexus hub so no derailleur to damage on a pavement edge etc plus much easier shifting at any time. Normally you have to pay a premium to go from derailleur to hub gears but it's actually costing you less money.