Thread: Ohio Erie Trail
View Single Post
Old 03-15-18, 06:58 AM
motorapido

Bikes: 1976 Schwinn Super Le Tour, tricked out with modern components. Shimano Alfine 11 internal gear hub. Dynamo hub. Titanium racks and bottle cages. Mercier Kilo Wide Tire dropbar singlespeed

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Agreed: we need gpx of route

Originally Posted by jpescatore View Post
A friend who lives in Columbus and I (who live in MD) plan to do a 4 or 5 day ride from Cleveland to Columbus or Xenia OH in May. We've got the maps from the Ohio to Erie Trail organization but also want to download digital map info to our Wahoo Elemnt bike computers.

I've found a 2014 RideWithGPS file by someone who did the trail back then but I think there have been significant changes since then. Anyone know of .gpx or other standard downloadable digital versions of the Ohio to Erie Trail?

Thanks, John P.
I don't have a current gpx file and I share your frustration, since I'm planning to ride the entire route, solo, this summer, and like you, all I can find are older gpx files that include whatever detours the file uploader might have taken. I'll have the current paper maps as backup, but I hate fiddling with maps. Also, the route might have changed a bit since last printing. I suspect that various rail trail organizations choose not to offer gpx downloads since they need money raised by selling paper maps and paper trail books, which include paid advertisements. The paper trail book and paper map paradigm must change to address tech-oriented riders' needs.