View Single Post
Old 03-21-18, 08:33 AM
Abu Mahendra

Bikes: In service - FSIR Spin 3.0, Bannard Sunny minivelo, Dahon Dash Altena folder. Several others in construction or temporarily decommissioned.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Originally Posted by tdonline View Post
How did you transport bike to Taiwan? Do you have additional luggage that you've stowed somewhere for the return trip to Bali.

I looked into a Backroads-like (or actual Backroads itself) trip for Taiwan and the cost was eye-watering! I've never done a cycling trip before so I thought it best to start with an organized group trip, but they are so expensive.
i packed the bike in a cardboard box which my hotel in Taipei is keeping in storage for when i return.

No additional luggage or stuff. What I carry on the bike and my person is all i brought.

Cost eye-watering? Average hotel room is about $60/nite. Food, you can get away with $12-15 per day. I had never been to Taiwan before, I know no one here, and I do not speak the lingo. Just do it. Google, Google Maps, Agoda and the Lonely Planet is all you need. I was a bit apprehensive before arriving, but this was unfounded. The place is well sorted out, civilized.

Last edited by Abu Mahendra; 03-21-18 at 08:41 AM.