View Single Post
Old 03-21-18, 02:50 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3185 Post(s)
Liked 2,020 Times in 1,158 Posts
Originally Posted by njkayaker
DCR was accused of "lies".

No, not misleading.

Anybody with any sense looking for information about battery life would look at actual battery life information.

I believe it was in a preliminary review, for which getting actual battery life information would not have been feasible.

".
Good points NJ.

Essentially the method of providing turn-by-turn isn’t really important to the average user and I was suprised by the comment, especially as it seems to state the Wahoos don't do TBT or don’t do it well. when in fact they do, just differently then a Garmin.

I think what I am trying to say is the DC’s reviews tend to not dwell much on any negatives (unless it’s a glaring issue) and as such, leaving out some information seems misleading to me. General issues with the Edge 810 is a case in point where I did extensive searching on the 810, didn’t see too many negatives from DC, saw it in other places and failed to follow the posts on the device in DC’s site. My bad.

And where would you see an actual laboratory type test of each devices battery life ?, you can’t, it’s generally threads on here and other forums, or the occasional online magazine review, and DC Rainmaker. He’s certainly about the most proliferate, but as stated, tends to gloss over some issues and really never gets back to a long term usage review, which might be useful. The Garmin 520 is about the only real device I’ve seen him return too. Part of this is he’s an athlete that has a review on the side, so possibly he just doesn’t have the time or inclination to get back to a Garmin 820 or 1030 for long term.

The fact that he does hundreds of reviews of a lot of different devices I’m certain makes his reviews lack long term depth, but are still useful to somebody wanting information. I found the Garmin Swim Watch thru his site. Love it.

Last edited by Steve B.; 03-21-18 at 02:55 PM.