Old 03-24-18, 03:40 PM
bjjoondo 

Bikes: 2011 ICE Sprint Special Edition

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 101 Times in 66 Posts
Originally Posted by BlazingPedals
I agree, that looks pretty unfriendly, with townships divided up into blocs and very little connectivity between them except via the highways.
We are a bit lucky as there's a very wide, emergency lane on Hwy. 85/87 up to Las Vegas St. and at least most of the way up Las Vegas St. the road is wide enough till we get to the new South Sand Creek Trail extension to get to the main north/south trail, The Pikes Peak Greenway Trail. Still it's a few MILES before we even get on the trail to Colorado Springs and have to ride all the way down town to America The Beautiful Park to head out North or West to pick up other Trails through out the city. LOL, just to get to Angletech from Security is a RT of 30 miles with a LOT of uphill grades heading north but it's more FUN heading back south.

I'm currently beating up the El Paso County folks to make a "trail or path" from northern Security that hooks into a bike path heading east and a bike lane (well kinda), that would take us to the Sand Creek Trail extension without having to ride on a major highway! So far it's like herding cats !!!! I'll probably be lucky to get to ride it before I die.