View Single Post
Old 03-31-18, 06:58 PM
Salamandrine 

Bikes: 78 Masi Criterium, 68 PX10, 2016 Mercian King of Mercia, Rivendell Clem Smith Jr

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1687 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Looks like a 78 Super Mirage to me.

The pedals didn't come with toe clips and straps. If you wanted them, you paid the shop extra for them when you bought the bike, or installed them yourself.

The original front derailleur would have been a Sun Tour Compe V.

The wheels are not original. They look like cheap replacements. The original wheels were Normandy high flange quick release hubs laced to Weinmann concave rims with Hutchinson tires. Galvanized spokes. The original spoke protector was a clear plastic Huret, not chrome. The main selling point of the Super Mirage was that it was the lowest price Motobecane that came with alloy wheels. If I were you I'd probably just get some inexpensive pre built wheelmaster, velomine or whatever wheels with Sun M13II rims. If you peel the stickers off they look exactly like the 'fancier' Rigida rims that came on the next model up, the Grand Touring. You would need to respace the frame to 126. However, if you want to try to rebuild the wheels with Weinmann concaves to exact original specs, my hat's off to you.