View Single Post
Old 04-01-18, 02:43 AM
Abu Mahendra

Bikes: In service - FSIR Spin 3.0, Bannard Sunny minivelo, Dahon Dash Altena folder. Several others in construction or temporarily decommissioned.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 891 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Weather was quite variable. It ranged from downright frigid in Taipei in the beginning--heck, i had caught a cold by the second day--and along the Northern Cross in the morning, to very pleasant in Taipei at the end of the trip.

Earthquake? I felt a tremor--verified by the USGS website--in Qishang. I've lived in very seismic and volcanic places (Guatemala, Mexico and Indonesia) so unless the world is coming to an end, it doesn't ruffle my feathers.

Yes, the Dahon Dash is a folder. I folded it on the train from Taitung to Taipei so i could take the express run. Otherwise i would have had to take the slow run.

I am sure you can find rooms for $10/nite, but they wouldn't be places where I'd chose to stay. Hard to see how speaking the lingo helps on Agoda. Still, Taiwan offers better value than Singapore, Macao or HK. Friendlier folk too.

Originally Posted by bike.gang.uk View Post
Cool, you made it to Taiwan ... The weather looks nice too in these photos

Any earthquake lately?

So this isn't a foldie?

Room per nite can be $20 if you speak proper Taiwanese or Mandarin. Less Chinese tourists this administration, so the price is very negotiable ...

Last edited by Abu Mahendra; 04-01-18 at 05:27 PM.