View Single Post
Old 04-03-18, 08:26 PM
MovingViolation

Bikes: Brompton S6R-X, Tern Verge X20, Moulton SST, BMC RoadMachine, Bianchi Infinito CV, Giant TCR Advanced Pro Disc

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Originally Posted by Abu Mahendra View Post
To answer your questions, the video 'rig' is a GoPro Hero 6 mounted on the top of my helmet. The mount is not the most solid (it is not the GoPro helmet attachment kit, but rather the one that came with my Bell helmet. I'll post a pic later), and the glue on the back of the velcro attachments came off due to my profuse sweating, but it held up good enough. The electronic stabilization on the GoPro Hero 6 is to account for the relative smoothness. It can be tricky, though, because it can look jerky when it tries to stabilize your turning your head left/right. You'll have to be deliberate and slow with your head turning. I think the smooothness is quite acceptable for a biking. Walking may be another matter, though.
Selamat Pagi!

Thanks!

So far I've experimented with out-front barfly mount and with chest harness (suboptimal on road bike because pic becomes very boring when get into the drops on the interesting descents). Must acquire a helmet mount and give it a try.

I too use electronic stabilisation on my Garmin Virb Ultra 30. Got it instead of the GoPro because of simpler integration with ANT+ sensor metrics. See how I go after trying a helmet mount. If not happy, will be getting a GoPro as well.

YMMV, but I find watching these/my action cam bike videos to be a bit hypnotic and relaxing. A good deal of this is the ultra-wide angle lens which sucks the viewer into the action. Fun fun... and probably another way that this cycling hobby becomes yet more of a money sink .