Old 04-04-18, 02:09 PM
floridamtb

Bikes: Trek Emonda SL6, Trek Madone 4.5, Trek X-Caliber

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by practical
I have enjoyed a lot of GCN videos, but I agree that it may have run its course. What I like about the videos is that they are very well done, high production values. Multiple camera angles, good audio, and good presenters. (I'm a sucker for an English accent.)
Originally Posted by canklecat
"Listening to Simon"? Heck, Simon the Rolling Salami could have been the poster boy for Molteni years ago. Especially if they put their logo on shorts instead of jerseys.

GCN is great fun to watch. I rarely watch their "Ask GCN" or longer recap videos. Just the tutorial types. They cover a lot of material in mostly brief, well produced and edited videos. I got a lot from their videos on various types of interval training. Yeah, there are some repeats and rehashings of older video material, but occasionally they're debunking some of their own earlier potentially flawed methodology, so I give 'em credit for that.

Emma is a great addition to the presenters. Pretty solid group between her, Matt, Simon and Daniel. If you watch enough cycling videos and tutorials it quickly becomes apparent that not many athletes combine genuine expertise, charisma and a knack for camera presence. It's hilarious when they have guests and Matt or Simon casually point to wherever a link will be while the guest looks bumfuzzled wondering "Why is he pointing into those bushes or at the sky?"