Old 04-07-18, 09:47 AM
badger1

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 960 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by daveg22152 View Post
Can anyone tell me the procedure for lowering the stem height on the Crosstrail? The Crosstrail stem is closed on the top and it appears that I'd have to cut the steerer tube in addition to removing spacers. I'd like to avoid a irreversible change in order to tweak my fit on the bike.
One of the most annoying 'features' of the current upper-level Crosstrail and Sirrus. No idea why Specialized does this, and afaik Specialized does not stock that stem in different rises, and getting it in different lengths is difficult. Could be wrong about that.

Anyway ... two quick solutions.

1. You can convert the stem assembly back to conventional: ditch the stem/proprietary spacers/headset topcap, and replace with conventional topcap/compression ring, spacers, and stem. That will allow you to use any standard 1 and 1/8 stem, and you can then experiment with length, rise, etc. You could source the bits yourself or have your lbs do this.

2. If you are looking to get the bars to a higher position, simply leave everything as-is and experiment with different bar rises.