View Single Post
Old 04-07-18, 04:50 PM
smalltalk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I did end up getting a Brompton a week ago. It’s a 2014 H6L Titanium with light use. I put a quick release bolt on the handlebar stem, which allows me pull the bars backwards towards me, and forward again when folding. This has helped me ride more upright.

It has a Brooks saddle with rails that can be moved further forward. I prefer a Selle Royal Look In saddle for comfort. But it doesn’t have the fore/aft range of the Brooks.

It will take some time evaluate whether the Brompton will work for me. Certainly it will work for shorter rides, perhaps less than 10 miles. I don’t expect any folder to match a full size bike. And I certainly can sell it easily if it doesn’t work for me.

Been getting regenerative medicine treatments on my neck. It certainly is working in the short term. Time will tell if the pain reduction will hold. It’s a controversial topic, beyond the scope of Bike Forums. I hope it allows me to ride without discomfort or excessive bike mods. Certainly most bike aren’t designed for my issues.