View Single Post
Old 04-11-18, 06:44 AM
wrk101
Thrifty Bill

Bikes: 86 Katakura Silk, 87 Prologue X2, 88 Cimarron LE, 1975 Sekai 4000 Professional, 73 Paramount, plus more

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1236 Post(s)
Liked 964 Times in 628 Posts
Originally Posted by StarBiker
Perfect commuter. If it needs nothing it's not a bad buy. I wouldn't pay $20 for it, but if you need something now it will be fine. And if it get's swiped you won't be out much money.
Colleges are the best place for thieves to steal bikes, and they won't really try to steal this. Of course there are goofballs everywhere. Especially on internet forums.
FWIW, many, many years ago, my lowly Schwinn Continental was stolen the first week of college. Thieves stole several hundred bikes that day across campus, as new students often did a poor job locking up their bikes.

Way too small for someone 6 foot tall. Google vintage bike sizing, take a few measurements, and you will get a good idea of what you need size wise.

Myself, on commuters, I prefer a vintage rigid mountain bike. You can get a better MTB for your money, and lowly road bikes like this Traveler are no lighter and no more efficient.