View Single Post
Old 04-12-18, 11:14 AM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
Originally Posted by T-Mar
You should be able to determine the age of all three bicycles from the serial numbers.

Two ofthe bicycles havethe model name on them.

Regarding value, it is negligible in their current condition. End value will depend on well they clean up and how far you are willing to go with them,though I don't see a lot of value.

There isn't any real solid resource for Rollfast serials that I know of. However, if you are looking for tips on how to fix up your bikes, look around here and on The CABE. They cover bikes from the beginning to fairly recently (there are klunker and MTB builds of cruisers and BMX there are well) and either way is going to help.

Now what I am having a problem with here is some of you basically telling the thread starter they have old junk. It's not so much about are they going to make money off them as maybe they'll fix them a little and pass them on or something. There is a lot to be said for 'plain Jane' bikes and passing them down helps another, if that's what is wished. This site is all about promoting the bicycle hobby, ALL bikes, not just the fancy ones. Get somebody on the street today!

So they are NOT worthless!

PS See my avatar? I had the BB weld go twice and had to get it crossbraced by a very good welder friend. That bike brought me here 11 years ago. It was not like that when I got it, there were layers of paint and primer over it, even the headbadge, had to get another.

Last edited by Rollfast; 04-12-18 at 11:22 AM.