View Single Post
Old 04-18-18, 07:49 AM
Chandne

Bikes: 2022 Moots RCS, 2014 BMC SLR01 DA Mech, 2020 Santa Cruz Stigmata, Ibis Ripmo, Trek Top Fuel, Specialized Levo SL, Norco Bigfoot VLT

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 459 Post(s)
Liked 181 Times in 117 Posts
The trail systems seems developed well where you are. I'll have to look at housing since I will be going to the office (maybe in Davidson) and driving to Atlanta or flying out at times. I will definitely reach out to my cyclist buddy. The trail system here is pretty insane. In ten years, i have not ridden them all but some of the backcountry ones are long and remote. The Colorado trail itself is around 500 miles. I have ridden maybe 200 miles of it.

I am applying locally as well now but my connections (who know my work and will pay a premium) are in Charlotte, Atlanta, and maybe Kansas City (where I lived once for 4-5 years). KC is nice only because I can drive to Colorado but it is a decent city for me (unlike Oklahoma City, for example).

So the money is one criteria but my sanity is another. I need to be where I can be happy. Since Asheville is close to Charlotte and we can drive to the coast/beaches, it trumps Atlanta and many other places. As I do here, I will likely have a VERY small group of friends who will probably be cyclists. I avoid church (been many times when younger) and rarely run into "church people" here so I will prob just have 3-4 people I eventually am friends with. I have no problem with people of faith though, and any religion but my experiences. Meetup is a good idea- I will check those out too.

All this information is EXTREMELY helpful...thanks again. I have one company asking me to interview in Seattle (and Seattle sounds awesome except for of course, the 6-7 month drizzle) but they will not pay that much (prob same as Denver local jobs) and Seattle is expensive. I'd love to check out the PNW but let's see what happens after I interview with them. It is a couple steps back as a Senior Analyst but if the pay is good, I'd considering it. Somehow I doubt they will pay me much more than 100-110. At least 20K (after taxes) goes to my parents' care so that's 30K before taxes. So there is so much to think about. Sometimes it can be overwhelming, Cycling and being outdoors saves my sanity...no doubt about it. Many of us here are probably wired this way.