Old 04-21-18, 02:18 PM
cycledogg

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Sillyak
Hello everyone.

I've recently started doing longer rides. Yesterday I was out for 3.5 hours. I have a road bike with endurance geometry, stem is right down onto the headset, I have had a basic fit. I am completely comfortable on these longer rides. I can ride the hoods for long periods of time with no core, back or shoulder pain. My only issue is numbness of my junk. No pain, just goes totally numb and takes an hour or two to go away after. I am climbing out of saddle and changing position on saddle occasionally.

What are my options? New saddle with a cut out? Should I raise my stem? I would like to avoid raising the stem as I am comfortable otherwise.
Saddles are the most personal part of the bike. What works for others may not work for you. If your LBS will let you try saddles, do so, but give them a GOOD HONEST try. That means, do some long rides, and short rides. Keep the saddle for as long as they allow and RIDE IT. I have had too many riders "test" ride a saddle, but only for a few short rides and say it works only to have them come back a month later and complain that it doesn't. Also, not only should the saddle be set up properly for your build, but you too, should find out if you are riding properly. You may want to invest in a bike fit session. JMHO from a long time roadie.
Cheers