Old 04-23-18, 01:32 PM
squirtdad

Bikes: Kirk Custom JK Special, '84 Team Miyata,(dura ace old school) 80?? SR Semi-Pro 600 Arabesque

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2336 Post(s)
Liked 2,804 Times in 1,532 Posts
Originally Posted by Oneder
Well if I need levers too I should probably get all new brakes all around. Looking online that is kind of expensive for this bike though so I ended up just taking off the front brake. I will save the money towards a new bike I think.
I'd like to get something new and properly assembled which I won't have to hassle with any time soon. At mcghies they have a few mountain bikes with wide tires under 500 bucks. They do more than bikes but they seem to have a very good reputation.

I think they are trek frames but don't remember for sure. Most of the parts look like bontrager and shimano. I will probably get one of those if I can get one that is big enough and doesn't have too many gears.
I weigh 300 lbs so the wider tires should be a big help. Road comfort is nice but durability under my weight is the biggest issue for me.
Ok....first I suggest you check out Cyldes and athena...they have a lot of infor for us bigger guys and are helpful https://www.bikeforums.net/clydesdal...-200-lb-91-kg/

overall IMHO

Hate to say it but that bike is junk.....do not throw parts at it.

Don't get a fat tire bike if you want to ride on roads or even most trails.....as you ride will get in shape and get faster and hate it

I am 266 and ride on 25 tires no problem. Strong wheels (32 spoke ) are more important especially if you are worried about durability.

why worry about too many gears? gears are your friend and especially your knee's friend. Use then so you pedal fast not push hard on the pedals