Old 04-28-18, 05:03 AM
thumpism 
Bikes are okay, I guess.

Bikes: Waterford Paramount Touring, Giant CFM-2, Raleigh Sports 3-speeds in M23 & L23, Schwinn Cimarron oddball build, Marin Palisades Trail dropbar conversion, Nishiki Cresta GT

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2647 Post(s)
Liked 2,446 Times in 1,557 Posts
Don't do it. You'll wind up like the rest of us. Get out now while you still can.

If you get the Raleigh Twenty (my recommendation) be sure to post in the "For the love of English 3-speeds..." thread in the Classic & Vintage forum. Good luck.

Seriously, of the two bikes shown the Raleigh would by most folks be considered to be the more "collectible" of the two. While the Schwinn might be seen as handier in daily use, the Twenty is an unusual design, has a cult following, has a Sturmey-Archer three-speed rear hub (a definite plus to some of the crazies here) and looks to be in beautiful original condition, right down to the headlight and the pump. Can't go wrong with a nice Twenty in your collection.

I personally have five 3-speeds, four of them Raleighs but none a Twenty. However, I know where one resides unloved in a garage. Why am I still sitting here, you ask? Because I'm trying to follow my own advice from the first line up above. See what I mean?

Last edited by thumpism; 04-28-18 at 05:29 AM.