View Single Post
Old 05-02-18, 08:16 AM
favabean1982

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bike trailer question

Hello everyone-I'm getting back into cycling after too long of a hiatus and would love to get my children involved. My two-year old son has been begging to ride in the Bell bike trailer we purchased from a rummage sale a few years ago-it's in good shape, however the clamp that clamps around the bike frame itself has a bit of an issue in that the rubber on the clamp is starting to wear away, exposing the metal underneath. Although there's still a substantial amount of rubber left, there's enough metal exposed where, even if I just clamp it onto my bike for a moment, it scrapes away a bit of the finish (I just got a brand new black Trek).
Any thoughts on how I can protect the finish and still use the trailer? Should I wrap the clamp in tape or something along those lines? Is there a replacement part I can purchase somewhere, or should I just bite the bullet a purchase a new trailer? That last part would be a bit of a bummer, as the trailer's in good shape, so any thoughts on how to save it would be appreciated!