View Single Post
Old 05-07-18, 06:56 AM
Karmajack

Bikes: 2017 Trek DS3

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
No problem. While not as scenic, taking Riverview Road should shave off just a bit of time, as well as being a smoother surface. That trail is one of my favs in the region. Mostly for it's length and scenery. I've only done from Harvard Ave to Lock 3 in DT Akron so far. I plan to explore more southern reaches this season. I'm anxious for the phases up near Cleveland to get finished as well.

Right before you reach DT Akron, there's construction and a detour there, but it looks like you got that part mapped out fine. There's a nasty couple hills there on that detour on Hickory Street.

Are you taking a pitt stop at that Hilton in Akron? Near to that, there's a Courtyard Marriott that's a quarter mile off the trail from the Beech Street Trailhead. It's shortly after that Hickory Street detour. Pricing seems similar to the Hilton. There's a bike shop basically right across the street from there. As well as restaurants. I only mention it because it's closer to the trail. Seems more convenient.

Last edited by Karmajack; 05-07-18 at 07:53 AM.