TheKillerPenguin
Nonsense

Bikes: Affirmative

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 880 Post(s)
Liked 541 Times in 237 Posts
Originally Posted by tetonrider
hard to tell from a photo, but based on a whole bunch of experiences of people i know i would have a hard time recommended reynolds wheels, let alone used ones. the reason is that i have seen a much higher rate of warping of brake tracks vs other brands, and when the brake track warps the policy of reynolds is to offer a pair of wheels "at cost."

so, yeah, you'll get new wheels, but they will cost you.

i've known people who went through this twice before realizing they should be on other wheels.

of course not everyone that uses reynolds wheels will have warped brake tracks, and someone will chime in here about how awesome they are. from what i've seen and heard, i think i would steer people either toward used Zipps (check triathlon forums!) or new FLO wheels or similar.
I am one of em, older DV46 warped under downhill braking, and yeah, when I called them up they offered a new rim at cost, which was $$$. Got em off eBay so I wasn't too upset.

The newer pair of Assaults I rode for a couple of seasons were fine, however. My understanding is they changed the resins to something better for high temps.

Last edited by TheKillerPenguin; 05-08-18 at 10:26 AM.