FrenchFit 
The Left Coast, USA

Bikes: Bulls, Bianchi, Koga, Trek, Miyata

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by OBoile
You realize that Jurek (a vegan) and Taubes (eat lots of fat and low carb) are pretty much complete opposites right? That's kind of proving my point.
Your point being: The majority of evidence, and the general consensus amount leading dietary scientists refutes these guys. ?

Jurek - vegan, Taubes - low carb, Karrnazes - paleo, Nikki - high fat, Attia - IF'ing, restricted carbs, etc., etc. I think the common theme is they reject the "majority of evidence, and the general consensus amount leading dietary scientists" and yet each one of them is pretty much playing a the top of his./her game. And considering the live presentations, movies and videos I've seen of this crowd they come off as very healthy, highly alert & articulate - and fit individuals, which you can not uniformly say for many of our modern athletes.

To go back to the OP's intent, I'm suggesting, IF'ing is one of those remarkably effective disciplines to step up into a different level of health and fitness if you are subject to some degree of carb hypersensitivity, insulin resistance, or whatever you want to call it. It seems to fix the switchboard... and if you watch the 3 hour interview of Peter Attia, I think that's a good part of what he was saying ...in much different terms of course. . I don't suggest anyone is saying their diet is something you have to do...

Last edited by FrenchFit; 05-11-18 at 10:31 AM.