Old 05-13-18, 11:53 AM
Marcus_Ti 
Frozen Solid.

Bikes: Roadie: Seven Axiom Race Ti w/Chorus 11s. CX/Adventure: Carver Gravel Grinder w/ Di2

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1857 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by aggiegrads View Post

Because the overall cost is cheaper if I have to replace the less expensive one every season. I have two cross bikes - one with about 5000 miles that is on the fourth or fifth set of 6806 bottom bracket bearings - I have lost count. The other has about 12,000 miles and is on the original CK BB. I have not done a thing to the BB other than hose or brush it off when it gets dirty. I have put well over $200 into the "inexpensive" BB, and the CK is only $150 for me.

I trust CK, they are made in the USA, I am from Portland, this is a "dream build", I can afford it, and I don't have to listen to your opinion about by BB when I am riding.

My post was looking for facts, not opinions.

LOL. Obviously.

I could point out you're not the only one to use thopse bearings...I could point out that you're not the only one who builds dream bikes...and I could point out I have that exact bearing in my Di2 gravel bike and it is has 4,900 miles on it as of this weekend...But obviously you're in a snit and want to spend money. So have a nice day.