Old 05-16-18, 07:52 PM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
Originally Posted by Ttoc6
My thoughts on bike room (because this is something I want to do if I ever own a house..)

First investment is a fan. Like a really good one. I get by with a box fan but would love to spend some money on a High Volume - low speed fan.
Second would be a proper TV / desk set up. Something like the wahoo desk, but didn't cost an arm and a leg. I've seen some mods people have done to IKEA furnitre to get a keyboard/storage close to the bike but out of the way. Then a TV on a tripod stand to bring it up and down. (I also want to build a race sim at some point, but that's not a discussion for here )
Third would be a PC / laptop with a big enough monitor so I can use it for Trainerroad or the like while the TV can be used for netflix / putting up zwift for a race. Also getting a network drop in place so I can use ethernet and not worry about wifi drops. (also high enough specs to run a VR setup for race sim.. Off topic again)
Throw in some Horse stall liner (or other Heavy rubber matting) to deaden sound and reduce vibration and I think that's what I would mostly want.

Also, make sure your floor is dead level. After my experiences with a slightly askew trainer in the past, this is paramount. I spend a lot of time trying to get this right. Not willing to take that injury risk again..
I love how "race sim" keeps intruding. That's exactly what I want with the Playstation + seat set up.

I have a huge fan, crazy CFM, so much so that it can keep me cool until the air is physically unable to take more moisture (80 deg F, 80% humidity, seems like).

I'm eyeing IKEA units, wall mount (off the floor because never know), to hold monitor (aka flatscreen TV), tower desktop for Zwift, speakers, etc. I have rollers, trainer, rocking trainer, and a fixed gear spin bike, would like to have something where I can rotate them around somewhat easily.

Room is tiny, maybe 12'x12', so not much room. Three doors (closet, hallway, another room), two of which open regularly.

I'm probably going to run a network cable down to the room, although I don't experience many network drops.

I forgot to say the floor was covered in wall to wall carpet. Would like to not go back to carpet, to do a one piece linoleum instead. Noting the importance of level, would spring for leveling the floor first.

I'd cover it all with exercise mat stuff. I had interlocking stuff but it got ruined, all has to be replaced.

Currently, add a bit more clutter:
Sprinter della Casa: Training - Dungeon 3.0.0.0

Front view - missing a shelf sticking out from the baker shelf holding mouse. Laptops replaced with keyboard, PC is in shelf.

Red bike on trainer, motion rollers against wall.
"...during the Lance years, being fit became the No. 1 thing. Totally the only thing. It’s a big part of what we do, but fitness is not the only thing. There’s skills, there’s tactics … there’s all kinds of stuff..." Tim Johnson