gugie 
Bike Butcher of Portland

Bikes: It's complicated.

Mentioned: 1299 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4667 Post(s)
Liked 5,766 Times in 2,271 Posts
Originally Posted by rhm
To my eye, it does not look bent; and if (as you say) it rides fine, even no-hands, I don't think you have a problem. Does it really track straight, that is, you don't have to lean to one side while riding no-hands? If so, I'm sure it's straight. One way you can tell is: if it's tracking straight, you'll be looking straight down on the front wheel, not from a little to the side. I have one bike that is a little off, and when I ride it no-hands, I see the left side of the wheel.
It's not a big deal, but obviously the alignment is a little off.

I haven't bothered to try to fix it. Ironically, it seems to me that major bends are easier to straighten than minor ones. I'll let @gugie comment on that.
Rudi, it's easier to bend a lot than a little, but it also takes more iterations to get them even. If you figure that every time I bend it, I'm aiming for a certain amount of bend, and there will be some error on my judgement and/or bend. The larger the bend, the larger the error. Sometimes when I'm reraking only 7-8mm, I'll nail it first try. 15-20mm always takes more iterations. Same with spreading rear triangles.