Old 05-21-18, 01:02 AM
Big Block

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked 155 Times in 78 Posts
In case David isn't interested, you could ask Jordi at Reciclone if he wished to do them.
Or you could buy the moulding clay, make up a mould box, buy and mix the silicone in the two stages to make the mould, but use a vacuum tank to remove trapped air, then mix the urethane, also using the vacuum tank, then cast, then into a pressure tank, also to minimise bubbles. Then wait for it to cure. And cast the second hood.
And have the colours available to cater for all tastes, and have them ready for posting immediately.
All when you'd rather be riding.

I have made a mould to cast some Shockstop handlebar plugs for my bikes. I may add the Dunlop versions as well. Then I need to try the GB Superhood half hood that has been too long an outstanding project. And I might also do some GB Superhood full hoods. All of these (but one hood on a loan) are from NOS items I have bought and paid for the international postage.
As I live outside of the USA (and why I spell mould with the 'u'), nobody from this forum would be interested in these as they would have to pay the overseas postage.

It is a very time-consuming task and it requires some expensive equipment and expensive supplies. The labour involved would rule out commercial entities, so a passionate hobbyist is more probable.

And the market expects them to be done as if they are cheap and quick to make.