View Single Post
Old 05-26-18, 06:06 AM
rcschafer

Bikes: '59 Raleigh Lenton, '86 Peugeot PSN-10 Triathalon, '84 Peugeot PGN-10, 8? Peugeot UE-18, Peugeot NS-540, '86 Giant Iguana (Xtracycle), Holdsworth Gemini tandem, Surly Cross Check fixie, '86 Centurion MV Ironman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Maybe not touring in the classic sense but definitely an experience! Returning this year for my second time around. No recommendation on a charger; I did carry a battery pack but don't use my phone much during the ride. The charter service I was with provided a recharging station (basically a bunch of powerstrips plugged into a portable generator) but it was always in heavy use and things recharged very slowly.

I got a helmet visor (a Rezzo by Da Brim) and used it for most of the ride; took me a bit to figure out the best way to secure it (they can be prone to wind buffeting at speed, e.g. during downhill stretches.) Da Brim has other models with varying degrees of coverage. Brought arm coolers/shields (by De Soto who makes a lot of tri gear) and didn't end up using them but it's not like they took up a lot of space.

A tent fan is nice to have - it can be pretty warm at night!