Old 05-27-18, 09:24 PM
BikeSquatch

Bikes: 2017 Trek Marlin 7

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sdmc530

i found the route from a few years back on ride with gos. There were a couple of little climbs but nothing that isn’t manageable. Looks like a great ride and i am looking forward to it. Only thing I need to decide is clipless like normal or if there is lots of traffic and stop n go riding I might throw a set of flats on. Don’t want to but can see where masses of people it could be better.
Originally Posted by MNTonka
There are a few mild hills along the route with only one challenging hill. Ramsey hill. It’s pretty short, but steep. I saw lots of people hike-a-biking it last year. Keep in mind, this is an event created for cyclists of all abilities. Nothing is timed and you are just supposed to have a good time. Once you reach the top of the hill you will be rewarded with a great view of the river valley, and some snacks.

Edit:
All of the roads are completely shut down for this event. ( except for the portion along Summit Ave.) there will be very little stopping. Each intersection has a police officer directing traffic.
Thanks for the insights guys! Love the avatar sdmc, and that sounds great! Glad to hear it isn't too crazy. MNTonka - My friend was just telling me about the infamous Ramsey hill. I'll have to go scout it out to see if I should bother

Thanks again, sure i'll be there on my mountain bike putting around!