View Single Post
Old 05-29-18, 12:27 PM
gios

Bikes: 2021 Litespeed T5 105, 1990 Gios Compact Pro 105

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked 325 Times in 182 Posts
I started a low carb / high fat (LCHF) ketogenic diet almost 2 months ago and have added IF (intermittent fasting). I've found I was metabolically resistant (didn't lose all that much during the first two weeks of Atkins induction (low carbs, 20g of carbs a day), and a bit after I started IF the pounds started coming off. Mostly I do OMAD (one meal a day), which translate to a 24 (to 23 and change) hour fast if you do it twice in a row, and 18:6 - 6 hour eating window, and 18 hours between, and I've done a 40 hour and a 50 hours. I still pt (cycle, daily walk) while fasting.

Read Dr. Jason Fung's book The Complete Guide to Fasting, which is excellent. Dr. Fung treats and cures people with type 2 diabetes using IF.

the complete guide to fasting (review) 10-29-2016

I know my next annual labs will be good - especially bp and A1C. Not worried about cholesterol, as it's been proven that high cholesterol is not a risk factor for heart disease, stroke, or anything bad. In fact, studies have shown that mortality decreases the higher your total cholesterol is. Another government dogma farce in line with their failed low fat / (high carbohydrate) diet.

Last edited by gios; 05-29-18 at 12:30 PM.