Old 05-31-18, 12:43 PM
Skipjacks

Bikes: 2017 Specialized Crosstrail / 2013 Trek Crossrip Elite

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 990 Post(s)
Liked 202 Times in 133 Posts
Originally Posted by BCDrums View Post
I just bought a pair of Shimano SPD sandals at REI for 25% off. Can't get that deal anywhere else. And the fashion statement! And they will take a return on anything that isn't trashed. Have tried out 4 saddles this way ( I was very careful with the saddles, I don't want to be jerk with their policy).
They'll take stuff back for a full year even if it's trashed.

One thing you can't complain about REI about is their bomb proof return policy. Iv'e seen people bring shoes and boots back after wearing them for 5 months and are unhappy that the tread wore down to fast or the leather ripped or something of that nature....REI says "Cool. Here's your money back"

There are restrictions. I think you have to be a member. And I'm assuming they track how often you return used gear and will cancel your membership if you abuse it.

Keep in mind that's different from normal returns. I bought it, it didn't fit, and brought it back unused is WAY different than I bought it, used it for 4 months and hated it and brought it back. Normal unused returns go back on the shelf for the next customer. Used product returns are what they put in the yard sales they run every few months.