View Single Post
Old 06-04-18, 07:23 PM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4456 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 157 Posts

Been a little chaotic in the past couple of days but currently chilling out in the cockpit of the boat watching marina things go by.

Yes, I won my TT in slow, kind of miserable conditions. Not much wind at the beginning but maybe 8mph by he end. We had a wind shift such that about 75% of the race was into a headwind. A little warm for my liking as well.

My main opponent was a woman who I beat last year by 8 min but she’s upped her game this year and won the State RR Championship a few weeks ago. She’s also taken up track racing and is working with a coach who I’ve actually heard of (which is saying something since I am not in that world at all). So I figured she’d be better this year and she was. I only beat her by 3.5 min this year.

I of course wasn’t happy with it. Was sitting on a good time going into the final leg, if I’d smashed that leg, I’d have PRed it. Which would have been something, given the slow course conditions. But I didn’t smash it. I faded. Borderline cramping, hot, miserable. All I wanted to do was sit up and get some airflow over my body. But I didn’t. I stuck it out in aero, at least that’s something...

Overall it was fine. Won the jersey which was my major racing goal this year. But I did not win it in style. I could do better.

Anyway, moving on... met @Cleave this morning to recon the Senior Games TT course. Interesting task, a 5k TT. Just sitting down to figure out how to approach that now. Then we had a nice tour of Cleaves new Green Home. Pretty cool. Then took the dogs to the dog beach, out to lunch, moved the boat, did some chores...

Racing tomorrow am, then mtb fit.

Racing 10k Wed am, then aerotesting, then watching some sailboat racing, then BBQ.

Then home briefly and mtb in Big Bear with friends Fri-Sun.

Lotsa bikes. Staycation #2. Rethinking my approach to bikes and bike racing.