Old 01-13-06, 11:45 AM
FatguyRacer
Mmmmm Donuts!

Bikes: 1998 IF Crown Jewel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I disagree. (Is'nt the internet great!) A low carb diet for an active cyclist is not the way to go. Maybe for a bodybuilder or powerlifter, but not an endurance athlete.

Bottom line (and this is why i personally hate BS diet plans) Calories in must be less than Calories out. You can loose weight just eating ice cream and pototo chips if you wanted too.

From personal expiereince - I lost 50lbs in 4 months give or take a week. from June 1 2005-Oct 1 2005. My diet was roughly 60(c)-25(p)-15(f). And i rode 140-170 miles a week. I went from a 6' 255lbs sloth wheezing going up and down the steps in my house to successfully completeing a circuit race with the pack in an end of season Cat 4 race. My first one since stopping 4 years ago. I ate little to no junk food at all. Whole foods, meats, cheese, pasta, red beans & rice, black beans & rice, just rice, bagel every day, lots of fruit, not a lot of veggies (im not a fan) and diet caffeine free Coke and Water. Occasionally i would have icecream. My concession to snack food is pretzels. They're fat free. At the same time, my wife was doing the ridiculously low carb diet that Curves pushes. She lost weight, but her energy levels constantly low. I tried Atkins once an nearly lost my mind. I couldnt take it much less stay on it.

You need the carbs for fuel if your gonna ride.

'09 Cannondale CAAD9 - Team Latitude/ABRT Special.
'04 Lemond Victorie Ti
'98 IF Crown Jewel (dead)
'92 Trek2100 (TT)
'50 something Gino Bartali (fixer)
'02 Ducati ST4s (Moto-Ref mount)

My Blog