1nterceptor
LET'S ROLL

Bikes: 2014 BMC Gran Fondo, 2013 Brompton S6L-X

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Quiksetz View Post
I don't have a folder yet, but I'm looking at getting a 24" Tern Node D8/16 or a Tern 20" Link D8 (only because it looks like it would be easier to fly with).

With the 24" do you think it would be possible to only store the folded frame and tires (removed obviously) in the S&S backpack case? I'm thinking maybe I can carry other components in a duffle bag carry on or another suitcase. I'm fortunate enough I get one bag checked in for free on Delta. I wouldn't mind paying a checked bag fee as opposed to an oversized luggage or bicycle fee.
I have a S & S backpack. You might be able to squeeze the Link D8 with some parts removed; rack, fenders, etc. Don't think you''l be able to fit the Node with it's bigger tires.
Terns' handle bars fold outside; making dimensions a bit bigger than most new Dahons. Newer Dahons' handlebars fold inside; making the final size smaller. Here's a Dahon
Speed Uno(20 inch wheels); it fit just enough in the bag. I just removed the seatpost:

Dahon Speed Uno in S & S Backpack by 1nterceptor, on Flickr