Old 06-13-18, 09:43 AM
bikingshearer 
Crawlin' up, flyin' down

Bikes: 1967 Paramount, 1982-ish Ron Cooper,1978 Eisentraut "A," mid-1960s Cinelli Speciale Corsa, 1961 Bianchi Competizione (an Eroica bike), 1994 Trek 520, 199? Burley Bossa Nova, early-1970s Cinelli Speciale Corsa (also an Eroica bike)

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by cthenn View Post
Diablo also receives county tax money to maintain the roads, said Bob Campbell, the auditor-controller for Contra Costa County. Last year, that amounted to $663,871, he said. This year, it’s expected to be $683,000. Campbell was explicit in his definition of those monies: “They are public funds.”

I'd have to say no, based on this alone. Not sure how a community can receive public money designated for roadway maintenance, then call them private...
Do you know the title or,better yet, the case number of the law suit (i.e., "Smith v. Bicyclists", Case No. 18-XY-123456 or something similar)? Even just the last name of the plaintiff would probably be enough. I'd like to see if I can dig it up on the CoCo Superior Court website.

Also, people, it is probably best if we not - repeat, not - discuss this here in a public forum. It does no good for defending the case and has the potential to do real harm, as everything anyone says here is discoverable. One inartfully stated comment could be taken as an "admission" that the plaintiff will attempt to use in support of his case. Even if nothing comes of it, it is an extra headache for Kyle Smith to deal with.