Old 06-13-18, 03:56 PM
cthenn

Bikes: 2015 Trek Emonda SLR, 2002 Litespeed Classic, 2005 Bianchi Pista, 2016 Devinci Hatchet, Some BikesDirect MTB I never ride.

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 530 Post(s)
Liked 35 Times in 17 Posts
Excellent info in here. Thanks. I kind of figured Calle Arroyo was the problem area. Honestly, not sure why riders choose that road anyway. Yes, if you ride on the bike trail, for some reason it ends at Calle Arroyo, and you have to cross over back onto Diablo Rd for about 300 feet, then merge into the left turn lane onto Alameda Diablo. But, C.A. is a narrower, windier road without speed humps, so cars easily cue up behind riders. It's actually much more difficult to pass on that road than it is A.D. Also, with the speed humps on A.D., it's possible to keep in front of cars, even going the "uphill" direction toward South Gate. I much prefer the A.D. way, even if it means dealing with 300 feet of very dangerous and busy Diablo Road.

Also, it seems to avoid the residences of the most vocal anti-cycling crowd. I don't have issues with drivers on the route I've ridden.

Last edited by cthenn; 06-13-18 at 04:07 PM.